EMPA reserves the right to charge Customer at its standard hourly rates for any work provided outside the scope of these Terms and Conditions, including:
- Services requested by unauthorized representatives of Customer;
- Work arising from or relating to misuse of the Equipment (including operating the Equipment outside of design specifications, user, instructions or any other documentation or manuals supplied with the Equipment) or use of supplies or consumables not provided by EMPA;
- Relocation or modifications made by anyone other than EMPA;
- Electrical work external to the Equipment;
- Equipment failures caused by or arising from failure or fluctuation of electrical power, air conditioning or humidity controls;
- Work on devices not supplied by EMPA;
- Cleaning, painting, refinishing of Equipment;
- Software maintenance other than that specified in Clause 3 above
- Repair of any malfunction due to radiation in the environment of the Equipment.
- Repair of optical assemblies or other items which as a result of fair wear and tear can no longer be maintained in good and working order.